An idea

I Mardë Maltava: the place where cultures meet (international affairs).
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Žinutė
Autorius
Azaghal II
Guest of Honour
PranešimaiCOLON 22
UžsiregistravoCOLON 03 Bir 2004, 14:02

An idea

#1 Standartinė Azaghal II » 24 Spa 2005, 17:05

Hola all!

I have an idea.

We would like to establish an international section to our forum. That would serve the following purposes:

a) Communication between T. fans;

b) Fun and relaxation;

c) JRRT related discussions (believe me - cultural background affects analysis a lot and brings out viewpoints, that Estonian TS - or any other TS for that matter - cannot do alone);

d) Quizes;

e) Announcements about different events and discussion pertaining to them;

f) Debates.

What do you think?

If both Lithuanians and Latvians are interested, then I would be honored to host the first Tolkien debate (academic or not so academic depending on your views) ever held among three Baltic Countries.

That could serve as a big-bang-go-ahead.

What say you?

Kind regards,

Mart

Vartotojo avataras
Laiqualasse
Melkoras Morgotas Metraštininkas
PranešimaiCOLON 8362
UžsiregistravoCOLON 23 Kov 2004, 18:22
MiestasCOLON negyvenu, tai žalingas įprotis
CONTACTCOLON

#2 Standartinė Laiqualasse » 24 Spa 2005, 19:17

Well, I am all for it! When I visited your forum a few times, I noticed that it is a huge community, but, unfortunately, everything there was in Estonian and I did not wish to butt in in English so never started to participate. An internation board there would be awesome, at least for me.
As for the debates - I would participate, if I can find time. Concerning other events - it is also a good idea to know where to look for any of them.
On the other hand, I think that if all three forums (your, Latvian and our) have an international board, all three should be used (and I hope they will be used) evenly, be it for debating, chatting, discussing or anything else. It's just that those interested should sign up in every forum, which is not so hard to do. The rest is only up to us :)
Oh well, I wrote much, but said nothing :D At least I can repeat that I am really looking forward to more cooperation with you and the Latvians.
And the strings crescendo like the sunrise in the sky
The percussion section thunders like the storm clouds in their wonder up on high
The brass is roaring like the mighty ocean’s tide
Creation is music, and music is creation

Nai i cala Eruo siluva tielyasse...

Vartotojo avataras
Starlin
preciousss
PranešimaiCOLON 7148
UžsiregistravoCOLON 28 Vas 2004, 12:48
MiestasCOLON London
CONTACTCOLON

#3 Standartinė Starlin » 24 Spa 2005, 20:18

Of course I'm for it! Yikes, the debate idea died out somehow, was it our inactivity, heh? I really did my best to start the training and all [-( Anyway, don't wanna blame anyone, there's always time for revival. So yes sure I'm for developing the international projects idea and an international section! If I see Erasmus online I'll inform him too.

~Starlin~

Azaghal II
Guest of Honour
PranešimaiCOLON 22

#4 Standartinė Azaghal II » 25 Spa 2005, 14:31

On the other hand, I think that if all three forums (your, Latvian and our) have an international board, all three should be used (and I hope they will be used) evenly, be it for debating, chatting, discussing or anything else. It's just that those interested should sign up in every forum, which is not so hard to do.
Agreed.

But I dont know the latvian URL :roll:

Anyway - will shall create a subsection to our Forum in the coming few days. I guess the best thing to do is to put a sticky in each of the 3 forums containing respective links and introductions to all our forums (actually international sections thereof).

Guess thats all I can say know.

Might as well generate our first discussion about a possible debate 8)

Vartotojo avataras
Laiqualasse
Melkoras Morgotas Metraštininkas
PranešimaiCOLON 8362
UžsiregistravoCOLON 23 Kov 2004, 18:22
MiestasCOLON negyvenu, tai žalingas įprotis
CONTACTCOLON

#5 Standartinė Laiqualasse » 25 Spa 2005, 19:31

And the strings crescendo like the sunrise in the sky
The percussion section thunders like the storm clouds in their wonder up on high
The brass is roaring like the mighty ocean’s tide
Creation is music, and music is creation

Nai i cala Eruo siluva tielyasse...

Azaghal II
Guest of Honour
PranešimaiCOLON 22

#6 Standartinė Azaghal II » 27 Spa 2005, 14:43

Here goes:

http://foorum.keskmaa.ee/viewforum.php?f=93

Now - please all swarm there :p

We are trying to work out how to make registration easier for non-Estonians. I registered today to the Latvian Forum and that was quite an experience!

BUTTON_POST_REPLY