Lietuva and Latvija: we rule! International project(s)

I Mardë Maltava: the place where cultures meet (international affairs).
BUTTON_POST_REPLY
Žinutė
Autorius
YaWorm
Matė Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 56
UžsiregistravoCOLON 06 Vas 2005, 14:41
MiestasCOLON Tower of Orthanc, 45 aukstas, 9 kambarys
CONTACTCOLON

#141 Standartinė YaWorm » 03 Kov 2005, 02:29

Very possible... We should ask Nuluk about that... Nuluk? :)

Arwe Thereyet
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 1
UžsiregistravoCOLON 18 Vas 2005, 20:26
MiestasCOLON Arizona, USA

#142 Standartinė Arwe Thereyet » 03 Kov 2005, 03:24

Hi everyone! I'm Arwe, and am here to help out should Elk need it, and to just generally inspire and harass at will. I'm looking forward to seeing you all in action!

Thanks to YaWorm for helping me get here finally!

Vartotojo avataras
Nimue
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 9
UžsiregistravoCOLON 04 Vas 2005, 12:10
MiestasCOLON ::Deep
CONTACTCOLON

#143 Standartinė Nimue » 05 Kov 2005, 02:53

Hello!

Sorry for the inconvenience caused by our team.
As it has cleared by now - our designated second poster had some health problems - and since we waited to until the last moment for him to show up, we needed some extra time to prepare a substitute post.

All is nice and fine now... *if you don't count me being extremly sleepy that is*....

Sweet dreams everybody!
<center>...I desire a partner in crime...</center>

YaWorm
Matė Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 56
UžsiregistravoCOLON 06 Vas 2005, 14:41
MiestasCOLON Tower of Orthanc, 45 aukstas, 9 kambarys
CONTACTCOLON

#144 Standartinė YaWorm » 05 Kov 2005, 03:37

No problem, Nimue! It happens :)

Vartotojo avataras
Starlin
preciousss
PranešimaiCOLON 7148
UžsiregistravoCOLON 28 Vas 2004, 12:48
MiestasCOLON London
CONTACTCOLON

#145 Standartinė Starlin » 05 Kov 2005, 12:05

...yes, and it has happened to us too. Same problem - health :) Flu in the Baltic States! LOL. I hope Worm as a captain will go soon to that thread and say that we also need a substitute...

Vartotojo avataras
Nimue
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 9
CONTACTCOLON

#146 Standartinė Nimue » 05 Kov 2005, 16:52

That stupid flu :)

As for the question regarding time zones (sorry, I read it just now) -As far as I know we are in the same time zone :D Unless you don't have daylight saving time for some reason? it is 15:49 when I type this post, so just adjust accordingly.

There is no "forum clock" in Invision Power Board (which is the engine that runs Kurbijkurne... - I am not that familiar with PHPbb, so I don't know if it's the same here) There is only "user time" - the time is displayed according to the settings of each user - I think you choose your time zone upon registration. So... if you feel very Japanese today and pick GMT +9:00, then all times will be displayed in GMT +9:00. So just adjust your board settings.
How?

Switch to english layout (if you have not done it yet), go to "My controls" (top of the board, when on first page... http://www.kurbijkurne.lv/forums/index. ... CP&CODE=00 if you have logged in)

Then in the options to your left choose "board settings" (it is third from bottom), and experiment with ticking or unticking "daylight saving times in effect?". Make sure you are on GMT +2:00... maybe for some reason you have ticked different time zone upon registration.

If for some reason you are still using the latvian layout... then it is "Mana vadība" -> "Foruma iestatījumi"->" Vai vietā, kur dzīvo, ir notikusi pāreja uz vasaras laiku?"
Hope this helps?

Vartotojo avataras
Starlin
preciousss
PranešimaiCOLON 7148
MiestasCOLON London
CONTACTCOLON

#147 Standartinė Starlin » 11 Kov 2005, 14:53

Hey, deviating a bit from the debates:

it seems that there are loads of chances for us to actually meet IRL!

* I've talked to Nuluk about this already. On April 2nd, Saturday, which is pretty soon, in Kaunas we are celebrating our 2nd birthday and 50-years anniversary of LotR. You are definitely invited! I have no idea yet of how we'd overcome the language barrier (there are things on the menu like quiz, lecture, orientation game), but I think we may solve this puzzle. If you want to, please come! I dunno about the 'technicalities' about coming to Kaunas, though, so first I'd like to hear your thoughts.

* Alatar says he's already talked to some Latvian, though I don't know who. I mean, about the backpacking trip we are planning in the first week (~) of August. We thought about backpacking some southern Latvia, too, so if you want to join us, you're welcome!

* Estonia... Yes, see the thread in this very forum.

Would you like to come? Would you have time? I'd really love to hear from you.

Vartotojo avataras
Alatar
Žiedų valdovas
PranešimaiCOLON 1969
UžsiregistravoCOLON 09 Bal 2004, 10:36

#148 Standartinė Alatar » 11 Kov 2005, 15:23

Alatar says he's already talked to some Latvian, though I don't know who.

eeemm..with a latvian,who studies here,in England :roll:

Vartotojo avataras
Starlin
preciousss
PranešimaiCOLON 7148
MiestasCOLON London
CONTACTCOLON

#149 Standartinė Starlin » 11 Kov 2005, 15:51

Ah, I see, so we still need our tolkienist friends to respond then. :p BTW, it'd be absolutely outstanding to meet in Estonia! The Baltic sisters together! (sorry if I sound a bit patriotic, but today's our Independence day and I'm quite excited)

Vartotojo avataras
Nulukkizdin
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 32
UžsiregistravoCOLON 02 Vas 2005, 20:55
MiestasCOLON Rīga
CONTACTCOLON

#150 Standartinė Nulukkizdin » 31 Kov 2005, 15:11

Hahaa.. take a look! - http://www.kurbijkurne.lv/forums/index.php?showtopic=16733&view=findpost&p=385403 :twisted: 8)

Anyway, it was awesome to debate with you! ;)

Vartotojo avataras
Starlin
preciousss
PranešimaiCOLON 7148
MiestasCOLON London
CONTACTCOLON

#151 Standartinė Starlin » 31 Kov 2005, 17:45

Yeah, well, the difference is not that great :) It was fun, I agree. Thank you all!!! So, are you willing to have another go? I am!

BTW, could you have a look at the invitation from Estonian Tolkien Society thread in this forum? It is applied to you as well ;)

Vartotojo avataras
Nimue
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 9
CONTACTCOLON

#152 Standartinė Nimue » 31 Kov 2005, 20:27

Ouch.

That is what happens, when you except everything to be posted on the sites you visit often :) And I'm afraid I'm not the only one... Oh well :)

I sure do hope that we will have another go at the debates :) It was a fun thing *even though I am not too fond of acutal post writing - bossing others around with silly and slightly less silly suggestions is more my type of game*

As for the Estonian invitation - well, it was extended to us, but, not so directly menat for us - but that' s just my personal impression :)

Kurbijkurne due to weird coincidences of fate also happens to be the host forum for Latvian Fantasy and Sci-Fi Society (or whatever their official title in english is... Lffb.lv ) -so, in fact, if you are planning any wider fantasy and/or sci-fi oriented occasions (and Tolkien is definetly fantasy) - it might be a good idea to contact them as well :)

Vartotojo avataras
Starlin
preciousss
PranešimaiCOLON 7148
MiestasCOLON London
CONTACTCOLON

#153 Standartinė Starlin » 31 Kov 2005, 20:36

Oh, actually, we've been talking with Mart (from Estonian Society) 'behind the scenes' a little bit. He didn't know that we had projects with Latvian people, so obviously he couldn't contact you. But he says that they intend now to get as much Baltic states' tolkienists together as possible. "As much as possible" from our side is now 4 persons (you know, things like job, money, other plans...) - although I wish it could be more. But it can be more, if some of the Latvians come, too! So the invitation was happily extended to you. And I am supposed to be the 'official' contact for Latvians and Lithuanians, so do not hesitate to talk to me. Anyway, thanks for telling about the fantasy society - I think it might be useful.

EDIT: Current changes of our appearance are due to today's date (April Fools, gotcha! :p )

Vartotojo avataras
Nulukkizdin
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 32
MiestasCOLON Rīga
CONTACTCOLON

#154 Standartinė Nulukkizdin » 04 Bal 2005, 19:53

So.. what about next debate?

Vartotojo avataras
Starlin
preciousss
PranešimaiCOLON 7148
MiestasCOLON London
CONTACTCOLON

#155 Standartinė Starlin » 04 Bal 2005, 21:00

I'm in! I think Lithuanians are willing to, aren't you guys? And what about the Latvians?

Elfhild
Nazgūlė
PranešimaiCOLON 1921
UžsiregistravoCOLON 01 Kov 2004, 15:55
MiestasCOLON agūp ilautriv
CONTACTCOLON

#156 Standartinė Elfhild » 04 Bal 2005, 21:05

I'm in too 8) And this time the debate will take place here, won't it? If both teams are ready for another round, all we need to do is find a judge and set up a date.
Hrrrr

Vartotojo avataras
Nulukkizdin
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 32
MiestasCOLON Rīga
CONTACTCOLON

#157 Standartinė Nulukkizdin » 05 Bal 2005, 19:41

Yes, yes.. in your forum this time.. ;) I will talk to my team soon and let's see what they think..

Vartotojo avataras
Nulukkizdin
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 32
MiestasCOLON Rīga
CONTACTCOLON

#158 Standartinė Nulukkizdin » 12 Bal 2005, 19:38

*just want to inform that for some reasons (pretty personal, so won't be discussed) i resigned from my captain position and suggest to wait until Kurbijkurne team elects a new one. No debates meanwhile..

Vartotojo avataras
Nimue
Girdėjo apie Žiedą
PranešimaiCOLON 9
CONTACTCOLON

#159 Standartinė Nimue » 14 Bal 2005, 10:48

Sad as it is, we have to accept it.

Nuluks was the main driving force behind this project (and I am very grateful for all he has done to get us this far) - so we will need some time to reorganise and figure out who of us has enough time and passion to fill in the empty spot he has left behind.

We will let you know as soon as we have settled everything - until then - let's keep in touch using this topic, and "talking about tolkien" in Kurbijkurne.lv

Vartotojo avataras
Starlin
preciousss
PranešimaiCOLON 7148
MiestasCOLON London
CONTACTCOLON

#160 Standartinė Starlin » 14 Bal 2005, 16:11

Sad :( We wish you all the best, Nuluk, whatever happened.

And yes, let's keep in touch - take your time if you have problems with getting the team together!

BUTTON_POST_REPLY